At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Malawi & Rwanda).
About Patient Support Programs
Patient Support Programs is an emerging business area for mPharma. We bring our expertise in supply chain management, retail operations, the alternative credit assessment, and disease management to help pharmaceutical companies offer value to patients beyond the pill.
The Commercial Manager will own the end to end process from identifying prospective pharma clients to proposal drafting and pitching. He/She will be expected to think creatively and outside the box as they partner with different pharmaceutical companies to create relevant and profitable patient support programs. The person will be involved in increasing our Patient Support Program (PSP) client base and help pitch the solution to new pharmaceutical companies which mPharma may want to partner with.
- Work with leadership to develop an ‘economic model’ for the PSP business. Ensure the model is built into all PSP proposals and activities
- Prepare appropriate PSP proposals in response to RFPs from and pharmaceutical companies and manage the client relationship through the procurement process to implementation
- Design and manage the financial models for each PSP’s payment plan
- Provide effective team and project management duties, including overseeing project completion timelines, monitoring project costs and delivery with Country Heads of Mutti
- Work with the Country Managing Directors to evaluate strategies and resource allocation needed to achieve revenue and customer satisfaction targets for the PSP business
- Manage delivery against overall budgets for PSP business
- Build a collaborative relationship with the Mutti team to develop operational plans to implement the PSP contracts.
- Develop plans for expanding the PSP business and achieving mPharma’s sales goals.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking, written and oral communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to execute concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment while consistently meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on a team or independently while establishing strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Enthusiasm to work in a start-up
- Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Health Management or other related fields. Preferably some exposure to field projects in the health sector.
- 6+ years experience in sales and business development.
- This position reports to the SVP of Strategy and Business Development.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Commercial Manager-Patient Projects – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.