Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 200+ members headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe)
mPharma is looking for an intern to join the Muti Delivery Pharmacy in Ghana. mPharma Mutti is a prescription drug service designed to enable patients to receive high-quality medications at lower prices and enjoy flexible payment terms for their prescriptions. You will be assigned specific roles within the unit to deliver growth targets.
- Manage Delivery Pharmacy Sales and documentation
- Monitor and record all-cash purchases are done on retail
- Work with Procurement to document all retail purchases
- Work with finance to account for cash utilized within the pharmacy
- Liaise with designated Graphic designers in completing marketing orders for the unit. This will span from following up with invoices and quotes, design corrections, timelines, monitoring and delivery of finished products
- Monitor and track Mutti marketing materials usage within the Unit and QualityRx
- Handle bulk SMS creation and broadcasting to designated clients
- Assist staff in the delivery pharmacy with picking and packaging of medications scheduled for delivery
- Generate advanced forms and monitor the usage of data bundles, call credits, cash imprest and any other cash related request for the unit.
- Work with the team in creating health newsletters and titbits
- Perform research on selected topics relevant to the operations of the Unit.
- Perform any other ad-hoc tasks as may be requested by the Supervisor
Our Ideal Candidate
- Exhibit enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- Possess a dynamic and energetic personality
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Multitasker and have the ability to work under pressure with little supervision.
- The ability to thrive in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Finance, Technical and Supply Chain teams)
- 1st-degree holder required
- This position reports to the Delivery Pharmacy Manager.