At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Rwanda & Malawi).
mPharma is looking for a dynamic individual with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as Demand Planner.The Demand Planner will be responsible for generating a forecast for all mpharma’s facilities. The Planner will maintain and improve the forecasting process, monitor performance, identify and recommend action plan(s) to insure that forecast accuracy targets are achieved and customer service requirements are maintained.
Reporting to the Planning Lead, The Demand Planning Associate will contribute to the overall planning activities of the department with a focus of analyzing customers’ historical data to optimally plan replenishment levels.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing huge amounts of key information for demand analysis
- Develops and manages customer-specific demand and replenishment plans for selected customer accounts.
- Develops forecast files for accounts/facilities using their individual sell in and sell-out data.
- Analyses historical data to identify trends and make forward planning decisions.
- Monitors and analyzes customer/facilities specific data/trends: point of sale, inventory, in-stock levels and orders as well as monitor the flow of customer-specific demand plans through SAP.
- Uses planning documents to manage optimal inventory levels in the customer facilities to reduce instances of excess stock and expiries.
- SKU rationalization of products within the portfolio to focus on volume and revenue-driving products
- Utilizes statistical modelling options available in forecasting tool and documents the forecast assumptions for effective planning
- Development of consumption patterns for individual facilities to assist customer service teams to validate order request volumes
- Participates actively in the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process
- Work closely with key Supply Chain functions and other business departments (Finance, Sales, Distribution etc.)
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and ERP solutions
- Experience in the health domain either working with retail pharmacies, multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinical settings, or other healthcare services
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Competence and confidence with excel and similar spreadsheet software
- Attention to detail and highly accurate reporting skills
- Experience in managing various stakeholders to get the required inputs to achieve tasks
- Bachelors’ degree in Pharmacy , Pharmacology , Statistics or Economics.
- 3+ years experience in an analytical or supply chain role in pharmaceutical/FMCG environment
- Strong use of analytics, user research, and business cases to drive decisions and improve forecasting and Demand Planning
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: Planning Associate, Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.