At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 250+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world-class investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Kenya).
The care coordinator is responsible for interfacing with patients for the patient support program. The care coordinator will be in charge of recording and maintaining a database of records for all patients who have provided consent. More specifically, he/she will be in charge of the following:
- Enrolment of patients into a Patient Support Program from HCP referrals.
- Receive patient consent documentation and store in designated safe.
- Educating, coaching periodic follow and mentoring of patients.
- Coordinating any free kits, materials to patients who participate in the program
- Follow-up specialist coaching and support via phone calls, following a standardized yet personalized approach, with regular specified interactions to assist patients with adherence, persistence and disease specific education for a period of 12-24 months.
- Collection of specific data and reporting to the designated contact.
- Recording submitting Adverse Event reports and materials within a defined time period.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Exhibit enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- Possess a dynamic and energetic personality
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Works effectively as a team member and promotes collaboration
- Appreciation for the importance of Pharmacovigilance compliance in pharma industry
- Multitasker and have the ability to work under pressure with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing/Registered Nurse preferred, allied health professionals e.g Public Health, Nutrition, Pharmacy, etc will be considered.
- ● At least 2+ years experience working in Primary care.
- This position reports to the Health Services (PSP) Manager.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Nurse Educator, Location” – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.