At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Malawi & Rwanda).
The Nurse Educator is responsible for interfacing with patients for the patient support program. The care coordinator will be in charge of recording and maintaining a database of records for all patients who have provided consent. More specifically, he/she will be in charge of the following:
- Enrolment of patients into a Patient Support Program from HCP referrals.
- Receive patient consent documentation and store in designated safe.
- Educating, coaching periodic follow and mentoring of patients.
- Coordinating any free kits, materials to patients who participate in the program
- Follow-up specialist coaching and support via phone calls, following a standardized yet personalized approach, with regular specified interactions to assist patients with adherence, persistence and disease specific education for a period of 12-24 months.
- Collection of specific data and reporting to the designated contact.
- Recording submitting Adverse Event reports and materials within a defined time period.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Exhibit enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- Possess a dynamic and energetic personality
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Works effectively as a team member and promotes collaboration
- Appreciation for the importance of Pharmacovigilance compliance in pharma industry
- Multitasker and have the ability to work under pressure with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing/Registered Nurse preferred, allied health professionals e.g Public Health, Nutrition, Pharmacy, etc will be considered.
- At least 2+ years experience working in Primary care.
- This position reports to the Health Services (PSP) Manager.
- Uyo, Akwa-Ibom, Nigeria.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Nurse Educator, Location” – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.