At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya Zambia, Zimbabwe).
About mPharma’s Diagnostics
mPharma engages in the placement of molecular and ICU/emergency medicine diagnostic devices and consumables/services. mPharma’s current diagnostic portfolio covers Serological testing: (blood sugar monitoring (HBA1c testing; glucometer); Rapid Diagnostic tests [Malaria, Hepatitis B virus (HBV)], Emergency/ICU tests (PCT, mALB, NT-ProBnB, D-Dimer, etc) and Molecular testing (HPV (genotyping); HIV, HBV and HCV (both genotyping and viral load testing) and over 100 additional molecular tests;
mPharma is looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for driving business results and revenue growth to join our team as a Sales Lead for our Diagnostics (Molecular) business. The Sales Lead owns the execution of the sales and marketing of molecular diagnostics products/services within a defined region. He/She will be responsible for driving new diagnostics business, maintaining customer relationships in Hospital Systems, Medical Centers and Labs and exceeding sales targets established.
Reporting to the VP Diagnostic Sales, the role will contribute in achieving our overall diagnostics sales goals by effectively implementing business development Integrated Diagnostic and Solutions (IDS) sales and marketing strategies to achieve financial targets.
The Diagnostics Sales Lead specific responsibilities will include:
- Identify new market opportunities to expand the molecular diagnostics business for clinical applications.
- Work with the VP Diagnostic Sales to execute short- and long-term sales strategy and to positively impact profitability and top line revenue for the diagnostics business Including molecular consumables and testing.
- Articulately communicate mPharma’s value offerings of the molecular diagnostics business to customers and ensure the value proposition is consistent with the needs of the customers.
- Implements sales and marketing plans, including customer profiling, targeting and call schedules, to ensure achievement of all diagnostics sales objectives.
- Calls on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information and demonstrations, and prepare proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Monthly monitoring and reporting on the diagnostic business portfolio, opportunity pipeline, sales, order intake and margin performance.
- Identify key market influencers and decision makers, build solid leads and convert leads to sales.
- Support and contribute to successful execution of negotiations and contracts that enable sustainable profitable business in line with corporate strategy and aligned with the local organizations.
- Provide suggestions for new services for molecular diagnostics equipment, consumables,product development and marketing that fit with the business strategy.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
- Proven record of consultative selling within highly competitive markets in the life sciences or diagnostic industry.
- You are a self-starter who can successfully manage a diverse set of concurrent initiatives to create strong business outcomes.
- Capable of collaborating and building strong relationships internally and externally.
- Accountable and results orientated, with strong analytical acumen and approach.
- You can make decisions and solve issues despite a high amount of ambiguity.
- You have exceptional sales ability with a track record leading complex negotiations.
- You have a strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience working in multinational companies with teams located in other countries is an advantage.
- Solid business acumen and understanding of financial data.
- Ability to manage complex issues using innovation while respecting processes or adding to the improvement of the same.
- BA / BS in Life Sciences, Medical Technology, Microbiology, Sales or related discipline.
- 6+ years sales experience in the molecular, diagnostics, core laboratory, point of care or medical device/service industry is highly preferred.
- This position reports to the VP Diagnostic Sales
- Competitive salary plus stock options
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Diagnostics Sales Lead ” – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This Role is open both in Ghana & Nigeria