At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world-class investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across Seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya Zambia, Zimbabwe Malawi & Rwanda).
mPharma is looking for a dynamic individual with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Finance Associate. The Finance Associate will support the finance group with financial activities including financial reporting, financial analysis, month-end general ledger close, client invoicing, vendor invoice processing, process documentation, and audits. The Associate will be expected to interface with clients, suppliers, tax authorities, and other regulatory bodies.
Reporting to the Country Head of Finance, The Finance Associate will be responsible for ensuring prompt payments of all Payables, account reconciliation and support on all investment relations activities
The Finance Associate specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensures accuracy of data monitoring mechanisms for facilities’ weekly revenues, deposits, bank balances, and withdrawals. Collaborate cross-functionally with the business units to collate relevant revenue information
- Manages and coordinates monthly reporting, budgeting and reforecast processes.
- Conducts financial analysis and determines viable investment opportunities via NPV, ROCE and other methods in collaboration with Operations.
- Manages the various Business Unit’s expenditures ensuring that spends are within the approved budgets and complies with proper authorization and approval controls.
- Ensures Customers’ ledgers are updated in time to enable real-time decision making
- Identifies highly liquid investments opportunities for idle cash investment while ensuring an adequate balance between risk and return.
- Works closely with the finance group to identify and limit the risk exposure associated with investment portfolios.
- Collaborates with other business units to ensure the unit’s annual financial objectives are met.
- Receivable management -work closely with the collections team to obtain payments based on agreed payment period.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
- A self-starter who can successfully manage a diverse set of concurrent initiatives to create strong business outcomes.
- Capable of collaborating and building strong relationships internally and externally
- Accountable and results orientated, with strong analytical acumen and approach.
- Can make decisions and solve issues despite a high amount of ambiguity.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience working in multinational companies with teams located in other countries is an advantage.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Accounting packages.
- Experience maintaining ledgers and managing AR and AP; Understanding of accounting and financial reporting, and balance sheets.
- ICAN/ ACCA/ CFA Membership
- A BSC degree in Accounting, Math, Finance preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience in Finance/ Investment banking preferred 5+ years of relevant Finance & accounting, investment/fund accounting or public accounting experience,
- Reports to Country Head of Finance
- Offered a competitive salary and stock options in mPharma
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Finance Associate” – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.