At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma seeks a responsible and trustworthy Project Finance Associate with exceptionally high work standards to support our proprietary and patent medicine vendors project for a duration of 12 months. He/She will ensure the effective management and monitoring of all financial obligations pertaining to the implementation and coordination of finance activities for the PPMV project in support of mPharma’s mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities. The Finance Associate will interface with clients, suppliers, tax authorities and other regulatory bodies. . This position reports to the Project Lead with a dotted line reporting to the Head of Finance (NG).
- Prepares and sends invoices to retail pharmacies, which entails obtaining validated dispensation data and billing based on agreed prices.
- Responsible for Receivable management, following up with clients to obtain payments based on agreed payment terms.
- Payables management – Registration of suppliers and processing of payments for drugs supplied
- Financial reporting in accordance with IFRS
- Treasury management – monitoring the FX rates, cash flow management, and analysis for the project.
- Calculation and computation of commissions payable to facilities where required
- Review expenses to ensure that they have been recorded consistently and in accordance with mPharma’s financial policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares and manages financial and accounting reports, and budgets on project activities.
- Track and monitor project expenses, commitments and carry out relevant statutory remittances
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport during activities in the field
- Review monthly project invoicing detail and coordinate timely invoicing with the billing team.
- Partner with project teams to prepare and communicate monthly forecasts.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and able to use other Microsoft office tools.
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Proven ability to quickly and accurately run complex financial models using thoughtful assumptions
- Strong knowledge and expertise in financial planning and management, accounting, and in complex financial rules and regulations.
- Must have a grasp of accounting terminology and worked with budgets, forecasts and variance reporting.
- Knowledge of funding programs and regulations and requirements
- ICAN/ ACCA/ CFA. ICAN or ACCA member
- BSC degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of relative project finance experience in investment banking
Duration of the role: 12 Months
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Finance Associate (PPMVs) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.