At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma seeks a responsible Finance Associate with exceptionally high work standards to support our Finance team. He/She will ensure the effective management and monitoring of all financial obligations pertaining to the implementation and coordination of finance activities in support of mPharma’s mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities. The Finance Associate will interface with clients, suppliers, tax authorities and other regulatory bodies. This position reports to the Finance Manager.
● Prepares and sends invoices to providers and hospitals, which entails obtaining validated dispensation data and billing based on agreed prices.
● Responsible for receivable management, following up with clients to obtain payments based on agreed payment terms.
● Statutory remittances – PAYE, Pension, WHT deduction, and remittance
● Payables management – Registration of suppliers and processing of payments for drugs supplied
● Financial reporting in accordance with IFRS
● Treasury management – monitoring the FX rates, cash flow management, and analysis.
● Calculation and computation of commissions payable to facilities where required
● Review expenses to ensure that they have been recorded consistently and in accordance with mPharma’s financial policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
● Prepares and manages budgets, financial and accounting reports on activities.
● Reconciliation of claims, Analysis of monthly performance/Trend analysis
● Track and monitor project expenses, commitments and carry out relevant statutory remittances.
● Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport during activities in the field
● Review monthly invoicing details and coordinate timely invoicing with the billing team.
Our Ideal Candidate
● An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
● A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
● Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
● High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Accounting packages.
● Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
● Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
● Proven ability to quickly and accurately run complex financial models using thoughtful assumptions
● Strong knowledge and expertise in financial planning and management, accounting, and complex financial rules and regulations.
● Must have a grasp of accounting terminology and worked with budgets, forecasts and variance reporting.
● Knowledge of funding programs and regulations and requirements
● ICAN/ ACCA/ CFA. ICAN or ACCA member
● BSC degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, or a related field preferred.
● 3-5 years of experience in Finance/ Investment banking preferred
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and a cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Finance Associate Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.