At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for an experienced finance professional with a passion for disruptive technologies and making a social impact. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility of managing the company’s finances in Nigeria. They will be responsible for leading a team that is responsible for corporate planning, treasury management (receivable, payables, and cost management), and will perform all financial controller functions. If you are interested in joining our growing team, please find the required and desired skills and qualifications below:
- Preparation of financial projections for new partnerships and group financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other applicable standards
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization, such as evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers, and investments
- Assist CFO in instituting financial reporting structure, reimbursement policies, travel report expensing policies.
- Provision of IFRS support to CFO and other mPharma staff as necessary
- Preparation of the annual financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensure that appropriate internal control and risk management procedures are in place and adhered to
- Management of the company’s receivable and payable accounts
- Liaise with external auditors and regulatory examiners to ensure financials in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Payroll and salary administration, including ensuring that all applicable payroll taxes are deducted and remitted
- Filing of tax returns to the various tax authorities
- Keep abreast with current changes in accounting standards as well as regulatory environments and ensure appropriate implementations
Our Ideal Candidate
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and exceptional project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with accuracy
- Multi-tasker with leverageable background and exceptional project management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a part of a team
- Adept at creating presentations report writing and presenting findings
- Proactive, resourceful, and meticulous
- Fluency in English
- Experience working in a technology and startup environment
- Strategy advising across pharmaceutical and technology sectors in areas relating to business development, financial reporting, taxation, auditing, and accounting
- Proficiency in French
- Chartered accountant and/or MBA.
- A BSC or BA degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, Engineering, Physical Sciences preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Finance/ Investment banking preferred
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Finance Manager Nigeria – (Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.