Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 200+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world-class investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to millions of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia, and Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a self-motivated marketing expert who will identify and develop customer acquisition channels for Mutti and oversee the development and execution of marketing strategies across our retail business group.
Our retail group consists of:
Halton’s – Kenya’s 2nd biggest pharmacy chain.
Mutti Pharmacies – our franchised pharmacies.
Kumera – Our gas station pharmacy network.
GoodHealth Shops – PPMV Shops franchise brand
● Develop the brand of our retail pharmacies as primary care centers.
● Implement in-store marketing campaigns to increase foot traffic to our retail pharmacies.
● Develop and implement growth strategies and plans to increase Mutti membership through traditional and social media marketing campaigns.
● Implement strategies that will increase the conversion rate of walk-in customers into Mutti members in our retail pharmacies.
● Direct, evaluate and maintain marketing strategies.
● Build the Mutti brand by organizing promotional events and other initiatives.
● Carry out market research in order to keep up to date with customer trends, as well as trying to predict future trends
● Direct management of key marketing and communications objectives aimed at increasing customer foot traffic at QualityRx pharmacies.
● Work closely with the customer success team to implement and monitor world-class customer service protocols.
Our Ideal Candidate
● An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
● Strong marketing background. Retail experience is a plus.
● A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
● Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
● Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
● Experience managing people
● Experience working in a multinational company with teams located in other countries is an advantage.
● A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, project management or related fields
● 10+ years of professional experience
● Spotless business and personal background
● This position reports to the COO
● Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience. Each employee receives stock options. High performance can quickly lead to a promotion and additional compensation.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Global Head Marketing – (Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.