At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Rwanda & Malawi).
mPharma is looking for a Health Services Manager to head our Primary Health Program. The Health Services Manager will be responsible for implementing, and evaluating the medical practice delivery model in accordance with evidence-based medicine, and driving mPharma’s vision of making drugs affordable and accessible to every African.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process for medical care providers.
- Performs clinical supervision of clinic staff, including regular performance appraisals and feedback.
- Sets up and is in charge of mobile clinic(s) operations
- Collaborates on the integration of medical services into mPharma’s existing business model
- Advises on purchase of medical equipment and setting up of Rapid Diagnostics
- Leads planning for the development of new clinical programs.
- Ensure Documentation of Patients information and Clinical records across programs
- Supervise Health screenings across communities with mPharma Partner Facilities
- Performs or delegates responsibility for quarterly medical record reviews for all clinic staff focusing on the quality of care.
- Supervises physician assistants and nurse practitioners at the mobile clinic and ad-hoc staff for community health screenings
- Demonstrates an understanding of mPharma’s mission in performing all aspects of the position.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Exhibit enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion for healthcare in Africa
- Possess a dynamic and energetic personality
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Works effectively as a team member and promotes collaboration
- Appreciation for the importance of Pharmacovigilance compliance in the pharma industry
- Multitasker and have the ability to work under pressure with little supervision.
- The ability to thrive in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Finance, Technical and Supply Chain teams)
- M.BBS/MBCH or Bachelor of Science(BSc), MBChB, Human Biology, Medicine degree from an accredited medical school
- Board-certified in one of the primary care specialties would be an advantage
- Current Practicing License
- At least 5+ years of experience working in Primary care in a managerial position
- This position reports to the Global Head of Patients and the Country Managing Director
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Health Services Manager, Zambia– (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.