At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Malawi & Rwanda).
mPharma is looking for a Health Services Manager, who will be responsible for our Primary Health Care and Patient Support Programs. The Health Services Manager will be responsible for implementing, and evaluating the medical practice delivery model in accordance with evidence based medicine, and driving mPharma’s vision of making drugs affordable and accessible to every African. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring successful program launches and operations of the disease management and support programs. This candidate will act as a liaison, coordinating daily operations between nurses, doctors and pharma company program managers.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process for medical care providers.
- Performs clinical and administrative supervision of all clinic staff, including regular performance appraisals and feedback.
- Collaborates on the integration of medical services into mPharma’s existing business model.
- Develop, implement and monitor clinical programs that add and expand integrated clinical services.
- Leads planning for the development of new clinical programs.
- Ensure Documentation of Patients information and Clinical records across programs.
- Organise and oversee health screenings across communities with mPharma Partner Facilities.
- Performs or delegates responsibility for quarterly medical record reviews for all clinic staff focusing on quality of care.
- Demonstrates an understanding of mPharma’s mission in performing all aspects of the position.
- Leads implementation of all Patient Support Programs (PSPs) and ensure effective tracking using mPharma resources
- Ensures continuous data integrity across all functions.
- Collaborates with partner drug safety units and nurses to ensure case transmission verification activities are performed as scheduled.
- Raise or increase awareness, knowledge and understanding of Patient Support Program (PSP) requirements by conducting internal education/training sessions with nurse coaches
- Oversees & supervises programs implementation using S.O.P. guidelines and maintain functional excellence..
- Designs and implements appropriate Health service interventions for program
- Designs and implements General Standard Operating Procedures
- Supervises and ensures update reports to partners on ongoing programs
- Monitors Patient Support Program (PSP) to identify areas of risk and develop strategy and action plans for risk management and ensure compliance.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
- Exhibit enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa.
- Possess a dynamic and energetic personality.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Works effectively as a team member and promotes collaboration.
- Appreciation for the importance of Pharmacovigilance compliance in the pharma industry.
- Multitasker and have the ability to work under pressure with little supervision.
- The ability to thrive in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Finance, Technical and Supply Chain teams).
- MBBS/MBChB, Medicine degree from an accredited medical school, BPharm or Bachelor of Science(BSc) degree with a masters in Public Health and minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Board certification in one of the primary care specialties would be an advantage
- Current Practicing License
- This position reports to the Mutti Country Head.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Health services Manager – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.