At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is seeking a Human Capital Associate/Senior Associate to partner with the business in the eastern Africa region (located in Zambia). The aim is to build and enable the talent side of the organization and foster an environment in which our talent can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, You will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support across key functional areas, including talent acquisition and onboarding, performance management, employee relations, and engagement. The individual will report to the Human Capital Lead for Eastern Africa.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of Human Capital-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment of staff including the job posting, candidate screening, phone and in-person interviews, reference checks, and may present verbal and written offers.
- Manage onboarding of new hires and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure that employee welcome packs and documentation are ready before onsite onboarding commences.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Support daily Human Capital activities and assist in creating and coordinating HR policies, processes, and relevant documents.
- Manage benefits program and vendor relationships and assist employees with questions, issues, and enrollment.
- Mitigate employee relation issues while adhering to company and state laws and regulations.
- Act as a liaison between the wider human capital team and employees in Eastern Africa, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- Business partner able to partner with the business and represent at all times the mPharma talent and values
- An energetic communicator eager to organize and share knowledge in an easily understandable way across the various units in mPharma
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Critical thinking, analytical mindset, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team. Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow
- Smart, kind, team player that wants to innovate while building value.
- Ability to manage incidents and solve complex problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences with at a minimum of 2 – 3 years of professional experience in Human Resources
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Zambia labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to mPharma Zambia and preferably other countries in Eastern Africa.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Human Capital Associate/Senior Associate (Zambia) – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.