At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world-class investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to millions of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi & Rwanda).
The Finance lead- Internal control will be responsible for overseeing, directing and implementing the internal control program/process put in place for the Nigeria operation. The ideal candidate will conduct on an ongoing basis the review and checks of compliance with the organisation controls, operating procedures, policies and regulations. He/She will have an opportunity to work with all levels and functions at mPharma to review all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimised with a view to delivering improvements by advising, coaching and facilitating in order to not undermine the responsibility of management.
- Performs initial internal control assessments from time to time to identify areas of weaknesses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Performs review and documentation of Standard Operating Procedure and Policy Manuals for Operational control, Credit control and Transactions reconciliation from time to time with a view to ensure they are all aligned with the changing business needs and models.
- Conducts an initial and subsequent risk assessment of all departments and Business Units and prepare a risk matrix while developing procedures to address identify, prevent /detect) these risks.
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the management and provide recommendations for improving the mPharma’s operations.
- Evaluates compliance with existing mPharma policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Continuously Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development of best practices.
- Reviews the responses and compliance of all relevant stakeholders to the report and recommendations of internal control and external audit.
- Evaluates from time to time the mPharma information security process and associated risk exposures. Also, recommend to Management improvements to align with standards and best practices.
- Evaluates mPharma’s readiness in case of business interruption and provides support to the company’s anti-fraud programs.
- Ensures compliance of all transaction executions and operational activities with approved controls. Escalate and report non-compliance with controls.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of all intercompany balances.
- Ensures all inventory and bank balances across Nigeria operations are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Ensures credit management processes comply with approved credit policies in order to ensure zero delinquent credits.
- Provides functional guidance and direction to the IC associates.
- ACA/ ACCA/ CFA /CISA/CIA
- A BSC degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, Engineering or any other related field.
- 6-8 years experience in Advisory, Internal Audit. Big 4 experience preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Accounting packages (SAP).
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Reports to the Global Head of Internal control
- Offered a competitive salary and stock options in mPharma
- Start date is January 2021
- This position is based at mPharma’s Nigeria office in Lagos.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Internal Control Lead” – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.