mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 80 members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work ethics to join our Nigeria operations team as Junior Associate in the Key Account department. The key deliverable is to expand operations within the existing mPharma network. It will involve the development of customer relationships that promote growth, retention and loyalty.
- Deliver agreed organic revenue targets
- Utilize replenishment model to implement PUSH model at all existing facilities
- Support the day to day seamless operations at partner hospitals, clinics and pharmacies following hand-over from VMI sales team
- Own and lead multiple customer accounts and manage relationships
- Know the company’s product portfolio and provide existing customers with technical and product support
- Work with Data Management (DM) and Quality Assurance (QA) team to provide reports on variance resolution and inventory process improvement.
- Enlist constant feedback from clients, competition and communicate same to team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1+ years’ experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- Thrives on achieving success in a target driven environment
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Frequent travel within your assigned territory
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales and marketing
- Healthcare background preferred
- Fluent oral and written English
- This position reports to Key Account Senior Associate
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Key Account Junior Associate-Nigeria – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.