At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma seeks an ambitious Key Accounts Associate with exceptionally high work standards to support our VMI team. This role acts as the face of mPharma to new providers and plays an integral role in our strategy for maintaining/improving customer satisfaction with mPharma products and value offering to our network of customers and providers. He/She would be responsible for the execution of business development and the development of customer relationships that promote growth, retention, and loyalty. This role reports to the Country Lead, Key Accounts.
● Engage, and manage a pipeline of partner facilities and effectively communicate the values of mPharma and the benefits of mPharma’s VMI model/Quality Rx Models.
● Own and lead multiple customer accounts and manage relationships by providing professional customer support and ensuring customer satisfaction.
● Build and maintain strong relationships with partner facilities through the organization of provider meetings and the application of other methodologies for customer acquisition.
● Identifies new business development opportunities with partner facilities who are receptive to adopting the mPharma model to deliver agreed organic revenue targets.
● Serves as main mPharma point of contact at partner facilities and supports the day to day seamless operations at partner hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies.
● Serve as a product expert and provide existing customers with technical and product support where necessary.
● Interface with Supply Chain team- procurement and Customer Service & Distribution, to ensure all orders are fully serviced within agreed timelines.
● Provide valuable consumption insights to Supply Chain for monthly planning sessions.
● Utilize the replenishment model to implement PUSH model at all existing facilities
● Deliver solutions to potential operational issues such as billing, and delays in the delivery of drugs. Proactively resolve issues arising from deployment in facilities and track progress of issue resolution.
● Work with the Billing team to provide reports on bill variance resolution and inventory process improvement.
● Work with the Customer Service team to implement services, procedures and tools that optimize the customer experience
● Work with internal stakeholders to develop and improve key marketing, health screening, training and communications materials.
● Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the VMI Service.
Our Ideal Candidate
● An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines in Africa.
● A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
● Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
● Ability to provide fact-based advice and development of market and industry analysis.
● Understanding of business development initiatives and influencing stakeholders
● Thrives on achieving success in a target driven environment
● Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
● Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
● The ability to thrive in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Supply Chain, Finance and VMI teams)
● Degree in Pharmacy, Sales and Marketing or any relevant field.
● 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in Pharmaceutical Sales and/or Marketing in the health care sector.
● Pharmacist preferred (can include internships)
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Key Account Associate (Location) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.