At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for an experienced executive to lead our business in Ghana. He/She will have overall P&L responsibility for the entire country operations and will be a key member of the leadership team at the Group level. The ideal candidate must have the ability to inspire confidence in his/her team and push them to achieve results far beyond what they thought was possible. He/She must be a great listener and an educator who takes pleasure in seeing others succeed. This role reports to the COO.
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company.
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by management.
- Create and manage alignment across all business units to ensure that there is cross-functional collaboration.
- Establish new business lines that align with our goal of expanding access to medicine in Ghana.
- Implement adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
- Instill ownership culture in the achievement of operating objectives and standards of performance across the country leadership team and other employees.
- Track and monitor operating and financial results against plans and budgets.
- Take remedial action where necessary and inform management of significant changes.
- Maintain the operational performance of the company.
- Assume full accountability to management for all country operations.
- Represent the company to major customers and professional associations in Ghana.
- Build and maintain an effective leadership team.
- Maintain and create highly-structured processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach.
- Build systems and processes that successfully inform global teams of all top line recurring indicators of success and that explain and troubleshoot any major outliers or obstacles to success.
- Design and implement innovative and engaging programs to drive the evolution of the Ghana office.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Communication skills are key to increasing employee’s effectiveness with both superiors and subordinates
- Operational excellence and ability to build for scale are key to designing and managing processes for scale, managing budgets, and building lasting systems for strong personnel management.
- Leadership skills are pertinent to providing and seeking out continuing education opportunities and fostering a growth mindset. You pride yourself in your ability to foster an environment where people thrive and deliver their best performance.
- Delegation skills are crucial in identifying the best person (or people) for a particular task and act as a facilitator to motivate and direct the work
- Time management skills are important in prioritizing tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines and streamlining processes to maximize productivity
- Negotiation and mediation skills are necessary in finding opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably
- Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Problem-solving skills are crucial to analyzing past and current performance and recommending objectives to improve productivity and profitability
- MBA or Masters in business administration, economics, and finance.
- 10+ years of experience as a general manager or senior leadership role in a multinational organization.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Managing Director -Ghana – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.