At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 200+ members headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe)
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Marketing Manager in Zambia. This role reports directly to the Global Marketing Lead and Managing Director for Southern Africa. It entails building and leading all customer acquisition and retention efforts at Kumera and Mutti.
- Drive the growth and retention strategy for acquiring patients and generating revenue growth.
- Launch and manage Mutti, our customer rewards program.
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
- Drive customer acquisition through digital and traditional marketing.
- Track and analyze revenue and marketing trends, and work with the analytics team to develop quantitative insights into trend drivers.
- Identify and seize future opportunities for growth. Develop a broad portfolio of growth ideas to implement through various market tests and revenue programs.
- Work closely with the product and design team to design and run acquisition tests.
- Support revenue forecasting and planning by having a deep understanding of future revenue growth and the projected impact of new revenue programs.
- Own the end-to-end implementation of marketing programs, including ensuring timely delivery, project manages all aspects of implementation, working with the analytics team to establish tracking and measurement framework.
- Test what works and scale it. Be responsible for the measurement and reporting of all in-market tests and live revenue programs you own, including iterating and optimization.
- Deliver against revenue goals and projections.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Experience in the retail, telecommunications or e-commerce domain leading customer acquisition efforts and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience in data analysis, SEO and social media marketing.
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related fields
- 4+ years of professional experience in analytics and marketing.
- Fluent oral and written English
- Spotless business and personal background
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Marketing Manager Zambia – (Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.