At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Rwanda & Malawi).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Pricing and Margin Analyst. The Pricing & Margin Analyst will be responsible for developing and managing the pricing strategy for the products in our various business units and will collaborate with senior management to implement new pricing initiatives. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a varied role as part of a collaborative team in an exciting, fast-paced environment carrying out essential customer profitability reporting and margin control and improvement. This role reports directly to the Managing Director (MD).
- Develops and manages the pricing strategy for all the mPharma’s product. This will involve developing a strategy for collation and use of market information & customer data to inform pricing decisions as well as maintaining pricing databases across all facilities.
- Understanding of various pricing strategies including value-based pricing and assess pricing and market access risks associated with any price changes.
- Presents pricing analysis at monthly strategy meetings, with insights, trends, and suggestions. Provides insight into reports developed, highlighting areas of success and lost opportunity.
- Drives improvements in margin through weekly verbal and written communications with the teams including upselling of margin optimized lines to improve mix, margin, and profitability.
- Drives improvements in sales: Weekly review to ensure that targeted customer, category and product margins are achieved.
- Proactively gathers market data for pricing new products. Reviews market trends for pricing opportunities to optimize revenues.
- Reviews and approves prices outside agreed price bands.
- Contributes value-added perspectives or advisory services that are important to decision making.
- Supports project work as required across the team e.g. gathering pricing and market pricing intelligence.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- A self-starter who can successfully manage a diverse set of concurrent initiatives to create strong business outcomes.
- Capable of collaborating and building strong relationships internally and externally
- Accountable and results orientated, with strong analytical acumen and approach.
- Can make decisions and solve issues despite a high amount of ambiguity.
- Proficient Excel skills, and ability to manipulate and interpret complex data files.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills: Ability to work between sales and, finance.
- People management skills: Able to develop and motivate direct reports
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, Tech, or other healthcare services is a plus.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and enjoys working within a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Bachelor’s degree in finance, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience within pricing strategy development within sales, trading, commercial or t in a retail business environment.
- Strong use of analytics, user research, and business cases to drive decisions and improve product pricing.
- Spotless business and personal background
- This position reports to the Managing Director.
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Pricing and Margin Associate – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.