mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 80 members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Pricing and Margin Analyst. This role reports directly to the CFO and has dotted reporting lines to the Global Head of Patients and the VP for QualityRx.
The Pricing & Margin Analyst will be responsible for developing and managing the pricing strategy for medications for patients in Mutti and QualityRx. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a varied role as part of a collaborative team in an exciting, fast paced environment carrying out essential customer profitability reporting and margin control and improvement.
- Develop and manage the pricing strategy for Mutti and QualityRx. This will involve developing a strategy for collation and use of market information & customer data to inform pricing decisions as well as maintaining pricing database across all facilities
- Understanding of various pricing strategies including value-based pricing and assess pricing and market access risks associated with any price changes
- Oversee the preparation of reports detailing actual profitability of Mutti and QualityRx
- Provide insight into reports developed, highlighting areas of success and lost opportunity
- Drive improvements in margin through weekly verbal and written communications with the QualityRx team, e.g. recommend upselling of margin optimized lines to improve mix, margin, and profitability
- Drive improvements in sales: Weekly review to ensure that targeted customer, category and product margins are achieved
- Review and approval of prices outside agreed price bands
- Contribute value-added perspectives or advisory services that are important to decision making
- Support project work as required across the team e.g. gathering pricing and market pricing intelligence
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Highly quantitative, ideally with a finance or business qualification
- Excellent Excel skills, able to manipulate and interpret complex data files
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in a similar commercial environment; The successful applicant is likely to come from a sales, finance or trading background
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills: Ability to work between sales, finance and trading
- People management skills: Able to develop and motivate direct reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Above all, the successful applicant must be calm under pressure and a team player who enjoys working within a fast pace environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting or related fields
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Fluent oral and written English
- Spotless business and personal background
- This position reports to the CFO.
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience. Each employee receives stock options. High performance can quickly lead to a promotion and additional compensation.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Pricing and Margin Analyst – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.