At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Rwanda & Malawi).
mPharma is looking for a dynamic individual with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Procurement Associate (Services & Indirect Materials). The Procurement Associate will be responsible for executing strategies to source indirect goods and services to support our business stakeholders as well as interface with various service providers and indirect material suppliers.
Reporting to the Procurement Lead, The Associate will perform analysis in order to select suppliers and negotiate the best value of products and services for mPharma, Provide supplier relationship management and contract compliance management, including maximization of financial deliverables and risk mitigation. This role will develop a deep, quantitative understanding of the procurement process for indirect procurement initiatives.
- Organizes manages and be responsible for documentation related to Services & Indirect Materials and pricing with providers/ distributors/ Suppliers.
- Assists in the implementation of mPharma’s sourcing strategy and selection of suppliers/Vendors.
- Prepares supporting documentation and presentations on local procurement projects for review and approval.
- Supports contract negotiations and management including the successful execution of contracts.
- Works with Suppliers and internal customers to ensure materials and suppliers meet all specifications and standards which meet business needs.
- Facilitates supplier payment process, clarify purchase order discrepancies, ensure supplier adhere to required processes.
- Prepares a request for proposal for MRO goods and services from collecting business requirements phase to final vendor selection and contracting.
- Follows up with suppliers to ensure delivery and material meet end-user objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner. This includes both single delivery purchase orders and blanket purchase orders.
- Prepares and processes all related purchasing documentation: purchase orders, contracts, reports, returns, new/revised material request forms etc.
- Leads and assists activities to log and evaluate supplier change notification according to mPharma current standard operating procedure Initiate and expedite returns and applicable corrective actions procedures with suppliers.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout mPharma, in resolving customer and employee issues and concerns related to the acquisitions of materials and related services.
- Analyzes and produces reports on supplier spend data, sourcing initiatives and targeted/achieved savings.
- Supports the creation and lead execution of local sourcing strategies in alignment with the Global Procurement team. Executes strategies for direct and indirect procurement.
- Communicates with distributors – strategizing to find cost-effective deals and vendors while building and maintaining relationships with them.
- Coordinates and communicate with the pharma medical representatives to enhance and strengthen our business relationship.
- Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally with Business unit and functions teams.
- Works to ensure timely receipt and completion of purchase requests from demand owners. Tracks inventory levels at providers to minimize stockouts.
- Provides timely and accurate reports to key stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Fluent English with excellent writing, analytical and organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel. Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships.
- Experience working in multinational companies with teams located in other countries is an advantage.
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy an added advantage.
- 5+ years of cognate experience in direct and indirect procurement in the pharmaceutical, Retail & FMCG industry.
- Spotless business and personal background.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector is highly desired
This position reports to the Procurement Lead
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Procurement Associate, Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.