At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Project Coordinator for a duration of 12 months. He/She will serve as the primary voice for project strategy, program development & operations of our Proprietary and Patent Medicine Vendors (PPMVs) project in support of mPharma’s mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities. The ideal candidate must have the ability to inspire confidence in his/her team and push them to achieve results far beyond what they thought was possible. He/She must be a great listener and an educator who takes pleasure in seeing others succeed. This role reports to the COO/CEO.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of project activities, including reporting, tracking of Performance Monitoring Plan and implementation of the project work plan
- Ensures inspection/readiness audit of PPMVs and provide recommendations to management.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with PPMVs and project partners/clients
- Oversee and coordinate PPMV’s data analysis, financial forecasting, modeling and planning.
- Design, prepare and facilitate workshops and roundtable engagements with PPMVs and stakeholders as necessary.
- Support project qualitative and quantitative research efforts, including supporting the management of data collection, data analysis and ensuring results are disseminated timely.
- Coordinate appropriate documentation of all metrics obtained from PPMV engagements, assesses project issues or risks, offer resolutions and then tracks implementation of resolution through to completion.
- Spearhead and contribute to any clinical initiatives aimed at maximizing the efficiency and profitability of PPMVs.
- Leads and presents project information at internal partner/client meetings and weekly project review meetings. Is involved in facilitating all meetings between project team and PPMVs
- Optimize and improve processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the PPMVs project.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong leader who can model the highest work standards and motivate their team members to maintain those standards
- An energetic communicator eager to organize and share knowledge in an easily understandable way
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- An ability to navigate complex stakeholder processes with multiple influencers, and effective at negotiating and achieving consensus
- Strong project management skills, including experience preparing scopes, schedules, and budgets for projects.
- Exemplary leadership skills with leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams that include the ability to build effective project teams, ability to motivate as well as mentoring other team members.
- MBA or Masters in Project Management, Economics, Public Health other related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in a healthcare organization
- Fluent oral and written English
Duration of role: 12 Months
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Project Coordinator (PPMVs) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.