At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 250+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our QualityRx team as a Sales Associate. He/She will serve as the primary voice for developing a pipeline of Pharmacies to join the QualityRx network in support of mPharma’s mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities. This role will focus on the implementation of marketing and sales strategies on the field and will work with relevant stakeholders as needed. This position reports to the Country Head QualityRx.
- Engage, build, and manage a pipeline of retail pharmacies and effectively communicate the values of mPharma and the benefits of the Quality Rx Model.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with providers through the organization of provider meetings and the application of other methodologies for customer acquisition.
- Leads onboarding of selected facilities, from initial engagements, signing of contracts, through to the launch of mPharma services on-site.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Preparation and review of detailed financial analysis and sales forecasts per facility to enable proper selection of viable facilities.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Identifies new business development opportunities with providers who are receptive to adopting the mPharma model.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and improve key marketing and communications materials.
- Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the business unit.
- Provide valuable consumption insights to Supply Chain for monthly planning sessions.
- Ensuring a successful transition to Refurbishment and Pre-onboarding teams to maintain the service and relationships.
- Deliver facility targets and associated revenue contribution
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and improve key marketing, health screening, training, and communications materials.
- Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the QualityRx Service.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Ability to provide fact-based advice and development of market and industry analysis.
- Understanding of business development initiatives and influencing stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Relevant sales and marketing experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Degree in Pharmacy, Sales and Marketing or any relevant field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a healthcare organization (including internships)
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Sales Associate (QualityRx) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.