At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across six African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda & Malawi).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Supply Chain Manager. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for developing and managing an optimized supply base that will meet current and future requirements, direct demand planning, supply planning, distribution, and logistics as well as sourcing/ purchasing activities and initiatives. This position reports to the Managing Director in Ghana with a dotted reporting line to the Chief Supply Chain Officer.
- Lead the development and execution of end-to-end Supply Chain Operations, Sourcing strategies to leverage relationships with suppliers and global affiliates.
- Develops and implements world-class supply chain management processes, procedures, techniques, and negotiation tactics and strategies.
- Understands and monitors key trends, market factors, cost drivers, and strategic importance of targeted products in order to implement appropriate Supply Chain strategies.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction as it relates to supplier selection, qualification, negotiations, contracting commercialization, and life cycle management in line with global mPharma strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Manages relevant Supply Chain KPIs including backorders, out of stock (OOS), potential out of stocks (POOS), inventory, and reject levels.
- Facilitates development and execution of accurate and data-based supply/demand forecasting, to enable capacity planning, inventory target setting, and performance reporting.
- Identifies and evaluates operational risks such as supply, quality (including drug safety), safety, environment, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and standardizes metrics to harmonize with global jubilant mPharma KPIs, including external benchmarks, to monitor performance and allow for data-driven decision making.
- Analyzes and maintains inventory balance between procurement and warehouse distribution.
- Drives continuous improvement in all aspects of the sourcing process by leveraging internal and external tools.
- Build and maintain relationships with all third-party logistics providers, distributors, and manufacturers to ensure all procurement and fulfillment are met with no disruption to market supply.
- Measures and continuously seek to improve supply chain performance e.g. inventory turns, fill rates, order completeness (KPI and targets).
- Monitors the performance of service providers of warehousing and distribution against agreed KPIs and standards. Resolve operational issues and formulate sustainable solutions for implementation.
- Validates the services and activities related to warehouse operations and distribution both long haul and last mile, provided every month and together with PRs, sign-off for payments to be made.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- A self-starter who can successfully manage a diverse set of concurrent initiatives to create strong business outcomes.
- Capable of collaborating and building strong relationships internally and externally
- Accountable and results orientated, with strong analytical acumen and approach.
- Can make decisions and solve issues despite a high amount of ambiguity.
- Proficient Excel skills, and ability to manipulate and interpret complex data files.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills: Ability to work between sales and finance.
- People management skills: Able to develop and motivate direct reports
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, Tech, or other healthcare services is a plus.
- 8-10 years+ supply chain experience ideally within the retail and pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, and related field.
- Experience in public health supply chain systems, stakeholders, and networks in developing countries, especially Africa.
- Knowledge in SAP or in relevant ERP systems is required.
- Solid experience in Demand & Supply Planning, S&OP facilitation, and S&OP implementation, ideally from the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated capability to work cross-functionally and foster a new and existing business relationship.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret data and develop reports.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to influence stakeholders at all different levels.
- Experience in SAP/ ERP/ESp/APO/ECC systems
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Supply Chain Manager – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.