At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma seeks an ambitious VMI Senior Associate with exceptionally high work standards to support our team in Port Harcourt. This role acts as the face of mPharma to new providers and plays an integral role in our strategy to increase our network of community pharmacies. He/She would be responsible for the execution of business development and strategic assessment with the goal of onboarding community pharmacies to deliver revenue growth in Port Harcourt. This role reports to the Country VMI Lead.
- Engage, build, and manage a pipeline of retail pharmacies and effectively communicate the values of mPharma and the benefits of the VMI model/Quality Rx Models.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with providers through the organization of provider meetings and the application of other methodologies for customer acquisition.
- Leads onboarding of selected facilities, from initial engagements, signing of contracts, through to the launch of mPharma services on-site. Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Identifies new business development opportunities with providers who are receptive to adopting the mPharma model
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and improve key marketing and communications materials.
- Critically analyze the healthcare landscape and identify business development opportunities with providers who are receptive to adopting the mPharma model and advancing our objective of making drugs accessible and affordable across Africa.
- Ensuring a successful transition to Key Account Management Team to maintain the service and relationships.
- Deliver facility targets and associated revenue contribution
- Contribute to any other initiatives that are critical to the continued success of the VMI Program.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines in Africa.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
- Experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Ability to provide fact-based advice and development of market and industry analysis.
- Understanding of business development initiatives and influencing stakeholders
- Thrives on achieving success in a target driven environment
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a matrix environment which requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Key Account, Technical and Supply Chain teams)
- Degree in Pharmacy, Sales and Marketing or any relevant field.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in Sales and Marketing in the health care sector.
- Pharmacist preferred (can include internships)
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “VMI Senior Associate (Port Harcourt) Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.