At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Rwanda & Malawi).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work ethics to join our Zambia operations team as an Associate in the Key Account department. One of the key deliverables is to expand operations within the existing mPharma network. It will involve the development of customer relationships that promote growth, retention, and loyalty. As Associate, your territory will have a regional focus and also responsible for providing technical support to customers with the goal of maintaining/improving customer satisfaction with mPharma products streamline internal customer-facing processes where required.
- Develop and maintain a sustainable bulk wholesale / Tender business
- Deliver agreed on organic revenue targets
- Provide valuable consumption insights to Supply Chain for monthly planning sessions
- Own and lead multiple customer accounts and manage relationships utilizing project management best practices
- Know the company’s product portfolio and provide existing customers with technical and product support
- Deliver solutions to potential operational issues such as billing and delays in the delivery of drugs.
- Enlist constant feedback from clients, competition, and communicate the same to the team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years’ experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Experience writing and submitting pharmaceutical tenders
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- Thrives on achieving success in a target driven environment
- Experience in managing and leading teams to success
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in a multinational company is an advantage.
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, and marketing
- Understanding Supply Chain and inventory management practices and procedures is an advantage
- Healthcare background preferred
- Fluent oral and written English
- This position reports to the Wholesale Business Unit lead and is based in Lusaka – Zambia
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Wholesale Key Account Associate, Zambia – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.