At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 250+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy individual with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and exceptionally high work standards to join our Nigeria operations. The Planning Team is the engine of the Supply Chain Function. A highly analytical and business critical department, our forecasts are what drive the procurement and supplies to serve our end customers. The Business Unit Coordinator will be responsible for the planning activities for one specific business unit (VMI or QualityRx) withing the mPharma model.
- Using planning documents to manage optimal inventory levels in the warehouses and customer facilities to reduce instances of stock-outs and expiries
- Analysis of historical data relevant to business unit in order to forward plan accurately
- Working with warehouse and distribution team to plan stock redistribution across regional warehouses
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Development of forecasts for new product areas, projects and facilities in relation
- SKU rationalization of products within portfolio to focus on volume and revenue driving products
- Analysis and management of slow moving stock for specific Business Unit
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Driving of the S&OP process for specific business unit and participation in topline sign-off process
- Close working relationship with key Supply Chain functions and other business departments (finance, sales, etc.)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of business development initiatives and influencing stakeholders
- The enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- Able to manipulate large amounts of data
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Competence and confidence with excel and spreadsheet skills
- Understanding of the end-to-end supply chain process and ability to complete tasks in timely fashion in relation to the end goal
- Attention to detail and highly accurate reporting skills
- Experience in managing various stakeholders to get required inputs to achieve tasks
- Experience in leading/managing team members
- 4+ years experience in an analytical or supply chain role, with at least 2 years experience in planning
- Bachelors’ degree in Pharmacy is advantageous
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Strong healthcare background preferred
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “BU Planning Coordinator, Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.