mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 45+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
mPharma is looking for an ambitious young professional to join our team as a Data Management Associate. The position supports mPharma’s team in managing procurement functions for 100+ hospitals across Africa. The Associate will have an opportunity to interface with a wide variety of stakeholders in the Ghanaian healthcare space: manufacturers, insurers, distributors and providers. The associate will also become a key part of mPharma’s data collection process and provide data analysis that will drive critical business decision making.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize data efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct underlying problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Past experience validating data accuracy in a professional setting.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- High proficiency in Excel (as a reference point: must be able to create pivot tables and lookups effortlessly). This will be tested.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related field.
- 2-5 years work experience (can include internships).
- Spotless personal background.
- Permanent residency in Accra.
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please title your e-mail “(Your Name) Ghana DM Associate”
For more information, check out www.mpharma.com