At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy individual with a strong entrepreneurial mindset and exceptionally high work standards to join our Nigeria operations. The Planning Team is the engine of the Supply Chain Function. A highly analytical and business critical department, our forecasts are what drive the procurement and supplies to better serve our end customers. The Demand Planning Associate will contribute to the overall planning activities of the department with a focus of analyzing historical data of our customers to optimally plan their replenishment levels.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing huge amounts of key information
- Development of forecast files for individual facilities using their individual sell in and sell out data
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and make forward planning decisions
- Using planning documents to manage optimal inventory levels in the customer facilities to reduce instances of excess stock and expiries
- SKU rationalization of products within portfolio to focus on volume and revenue driving products
- Development of consumption patterns for individual facilities to assist customer service teams to validate order request volumes
- Participation in the S&OP process
- Close working relationship with key Supply Chain functions and other business departments (Finance, Sales, Distribution etc.)
Our Ideal Candidate
- The enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion about healthcare in Africa
- Able to manipulate large amounts of data
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization
- Competence and confidence with excel and similar spreadsheet software
- Attention to detail and highly accurate reporting skills
- Experience in managing various stakeholders to get required inputs to achieve tasks
- 2+ years experience in an analytical or supply chain role
- Bachelors’ degree in Pharmacy is advantageous
- MBA will be an added advantage
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Demand Planning Associate, Nigeria – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.