At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Malawi & Rwanda).
Internal Control Associate will be responsible for implementing the internal control program/process put in place by the Internal Control Lead. The ideal candidate will perform control and substantive tests of some account balances and classes of transactions to provide reasonable assurance of its accuracy. He/She will assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly unit reports that will be sent to the Group Head of Internal Control. As applicable to the rest of the members in Internal Control, the ideal candidate will also have the obligation to report on exceptions and non-compliance to standard operating procedures directly to the Internal Control Lead for Ghana.
- Perform periodic review and documentation of Standard Operating Procedure and Policy Manuals for Operational control, Credit control, and Transactions reconciliation from time to time with a view to ensure they are all aligned with the changing business needs and models.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly exception reports to be sent to the Country Lead.
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the Internal Control Lead.
- Evaluate compliance with existing mPharma policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Continuously identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development of best practices
- Ensure compliance of all transaction executions and operational activities with approved controls. Escalate and report non-compliance with controls.
- Perform preliminary monthly reconciliation of all intercompany balances.
- Ensure all inventory and bank balances across Ghana’s operations are reconciled on monthly basis for review.
- Ensure credit management processes comply with approved credit policies in order to ensure zero delinquent credits.
- Provide functional guidance and direction to the IC Junior Associates.
- ACA/ ACCA/ CFA /CISA/CIA or partly qualified.
- A BSC degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, Engineering, or any other related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in Advisory, Internal Audit. Big 4 experience preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Accounting packages (SAP).
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Reports to the Country Lead of Internal control
- The start date is February 2021
- The positions are based at mPharma’s offices in Accra.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Internal Control Associate – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.