At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their
medications. We’re a small but growing team of 150+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed
by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and
healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs
for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds
of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mpharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptional high work standards to join our team as a Nurse. This role will focus on serving pharmacy customers by preparing medications; giving advice; monitoring patient complaints and orders as well as multiple modes of customer interactions.The Nurse will work closely with the pharmacist and a diverse set of mPharma team members to set up and operate community pharmacies.
Key Responsibilities :
- Preparation of medications for patients
- Receiving and verifying the prescriptions
- Pricing and filling of prescriptions
- Obtaining pharmacist’s approval
- Completing patient paperwork related to the filling of prescription
- Assisting with insurance claims processing.
- Ensuring the availability of drugs by delivering them to patients when needed
- Maintaining pharmacy’s (and its patients’ employees’) safety by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations
- Tracking inventory, ordering and selling medicines and other stock
- Adhering to mPharma SOPs
- Complying with regulatory requirements by maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributing to any other initiatives that are critical to the pharmacies continued success.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong leader who can model the highest work standards and motivate their team members to maintain those standards
- An energetic communicator eager to organize and share knowledge in an easily understandable way
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Background in a retail pharmacy
- NCNM license to practice with at least A2 (5 years of working experience), A1 or A0 degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in a retail space
- Advanced Microsoft Office user, particularly for Excel
- Fluent oral and written English and Kinyarwanda
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage
If you meet the criteria above, please email only your CV and a cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email “(Your Name) – Pharmacy Nurse Rwanda