At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Malawi & Rwanda).
Mutti is mPharma’s membership-based rewards program that allows patients to have access to affordable and authentic drugs and healthcare-related services. mPharma is embarking on a journey to evolve its Mutti service/program, improving the experience of our 29,000+ members while scaling our loyalty program and optimizing our customer contact reach.
mPharma is looking for a dynamic individual with exceptionally high work standards to join our Mutti team as a Physician Engagement Associate. The Associate will be responsible for executing business initiatives towards growing and developing Mutti’s Patient Support Program.
Reporting to the Country Head of Mutti, The Physician Engagement Associate will be responsible for the execution of business development and strategic assessments with the goal of onboarding and managing Pharmaceuticals and Partner companies to our patient support programs.
- Builds and manages the sales funnel for Mutti’s patient support program (PSP) portfolio within the region.
- Engages specialist physicians and effectively communicates the value/benefits of Mutti services.
- Implements marketing and engagement initiatives of Mutti service offerings/benefits to physicians aimed at encouraging referrals to the Mutti Helpline.
- Acts as the focal point between mPharma and the pharmaceutical partner companies that enlist their drugs in Mutti services. Ensuring alignment with their goto market strategies and Mutti engagement plans.
- Organizes programs and events in partnership with pharmaceutical companies that target specific therapeutic areas (TAs).
- Plans and Prepares periodic newsletters communicating Mutti’s benefit to its patients and distribute to physicians
- Acts as the coordinator between MDP and the pharmacies.
- Develops and maintains a database of specialist physicians in different therapeutic areas that are important verticals for Mutti.
- Maintains records related to the progress and performance of targeted physicians in Mutti.
- Oversees the generation of Mutti proposals to pharmaceutical companies that want to enroll their drugs on Mutti.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines.
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision.
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Strong project management background.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Experience working in a pharmacy and managing teams is an advantage.
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Accountable and results orientated, with strong analytical acumen and approach.
- B Pharm. or Pharm. D or related degree from an accredited school.
- Current Practicing License
- Minimum of 2+ years experience working in a sales capacity with a sound knowledge of sales and physician referral processes in the pharmaceuticals or health-related field preferred sector.
- This position reports to the Country Head of Mutti
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to email@example.com using the following subject line: “Physician Engagement Associate- Port-Harcourt – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.