At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 250+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across five African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Senior Pharmacy Assistant. This role will focus on serving pharmacy customers by preparing medications; giving advice; monitoring patient complaints and orders as well as multiple modes of customer interactions. The Senior Pharmacy Assistant will work closely with the pharmacist and a diverse set of mPharma team members to set up and operate community pharmacies.
- Preparation of medications for patients
- Receiving and verifying the prescriptions
- Pricing and filling of prescriptions
- Obtaining pharmacist’s approval
- Completing patient paperwork related to the filling of prescription
- Assisting with insurance claims processing.
- Ensuring the availability of drugs by delivering them to patients when needed
- Maintaining pharmacy’s (and its patients’ employees’) safety by adhering to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations
- Tracking inventory, ordering and selling medicines and other stock
- Adhering to mPharma SOPs
- Complying with regulatory requirements by maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributing to any other initiatives that are critical to the pharmacies continued success.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong leader who can model the highest work standards and motivate their team members to maintain those standards
- An energetic communicator eager to organize and share knowledge in an easily understandable way
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Background in a retail pharmacy members
- All applicants should be registered with their respective professional bodies; NMCM for Nurses and PMRA for Pharmacy Technicians and Assistants
- 2+ years of professional experience in a retail pharmacy space for nurses and pharmacy assistants and 1+ years for pharmacy technicians
- Nurses and Pharmacy Technicians must have at least a diploma in Nursing and Midwifery and Diploma in Pharmacy respectively while Pharmacy Assistants should have at least a certificate in Pharmacy.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user, particularly for excel
- Fluent oral and written English
If you meet the above criteria, please email your current CV and cover letter describing why you are interested in working with mPharma and how you would make a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “Senior Pharmacy Assistant, Malawi – (insert Your Name)”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.