mPharma is a venture-backed technology startup company with a simple mission: Make prescription drugs in emerging markets easily accessible, and easily affordable.
We’ve partnered with major pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies, financial institutions and Ministries of Health to deliver medicines directly into the hands of consumers in these underserved markets. Through our innovative e-prescription tools, doctors, patients and pharmacists gain access to both a network of high quality, affordable prescription drugs, and the support to ensure that the drugs are being used appropriately and effectively.
We are a multidisciplinary team comprising of medical professionals, managers, designers, and programmers from Africa and beyond, brought together by a shared passion for improving access to medicine. We value innovative thinking, and we’re not afraid of some failures along the way. We thrive when we put our heads together to solve seemingly intractable problems. We move boldly, and we move quickly. After only a few months, our tools have been used to get essential medicines into the hands of tens of thousands of patients across four African countries, and we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for new team members that will help us reach our first million consumers, and then the next million. We won’t stop until everyone has access to the high-quality medicines that they deserve.
Do you believe that everybody should have access to the best treatments they need to get better regardless of the socio-economic status? If you answer yes then you would love working at mPharma.
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We are a small but growing team of 75+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by world class investors. We’ve joined hands with third party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few months, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to tens of thousands of patients across four African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
We are looking for an inspiring technological leader who can take responsibility for mPharma’s R&D performance and deliverables.
You will be responsible to the people on your team: supporting growth of engineers, doing valuable work and generally having an awesome time making mPharma an amazing experience for users. You will be accountable for delivery of quality software that brings value to mPharma and our users. You will ensure that all Squads have strong and scalable technology.
- End-to-End responsibility for the company’s R&D performance and deliverables.
- Defining the R&D team growth plan and strategy, and manage the R&D team budget.
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring all developers.
- Working closely with the CTO to create an organizational structure and technological infrastructure that supports quick, quality deployments.
- Interact with all relevant stakeholders within and outside of mPharma
- Actively promote a positive work environment and harmony within and between teams.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Business Managers, and senior management on the company’s strategy.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing, and scaling R&D teams in startup environments.
- Inspiring technological leader, with strong interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Team player who is passionate about empowering and mentoring their employees.
- Experience in building and scaling world-class tech teams.
- Passionate about coding, cutting edge technologies, and being hands-on when needed.
- Enterprise B2B and B2C SaaS background.
- Passionate about testing and a dedication to security
- Familiar with SaaS platforms.
- Hands-on coding, when needed.
- Cross-platform knowledge (web, mobile, back-end).
- Data / analytics
- This role reports to the CTO.
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience. In addition, each employee receives stock options.
To Apply: Send only your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: “VP Engineering – [Your Name]”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.